Dispute Errors on Your Credit Report


We debt resisters. Let's get this dispute started!

Dispute Errors on Your Credit Report

Millions of us have errors on our credit reports, which makes it harder to do basic things like get a job or rent an apartment. Fight back! You can get a free copy of your credit report once per year at annualcreditreport.com or call 1-877-322-8228. If you do not have a social security number, you cannot use this service online. The Debt Collective is working on convincing annualcreditreport.com to address this problem. For now, to access your report, please send a letter with the following information:

  • Your full name
  • Your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
  • Your date of birth
  • Your current mailing address
  • Your previous mailing address (if you have lived at your current address for less than 2 years)
  • State which credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion) you want a report from.

Send the request to:

Annual Credit Report Service
PO BOX 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281

Once you receive your report, you can use this tool to dispute errors. For a list of common errors to look for, go here. Once you have determined that there are errors on your report, you can use this tool to ask for a correction. This tool will help you write a dispute letter to the three main credit reporting agencies. The Debt Collective will submit the letters your behalf. For more information about the process, go here. Please have a photo of your picture ID ready to upload (taking a picture with your camera phone is fine).

Start Dispute